Safety, Security, & Privacy
Hudson Hides values your business as well as your privacy. Privacy is a big concern online which is why all of our pages are HTTPS secured as well as all transactions done through our shopping cart system are PCI DSS compliant.
Hudson Hides does not have the ability to store your billing information unless specifically requested for recurring accounts. Any changes needed to accounts without billing information on file may result in Hudson Hides needing your billing information again.
PCI DSS Compliance
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard or PCI DSS is the information security standard for organizations handling credit and debit card information. Defined by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council, the standard was created hold data very secure and prevent fraud due to exposure.
Hudson Hides may collect the following information from you:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
What We Do With Information Gathered
We require certain information from you for the reasons listed below:
- Internal record keeping
- Improving our products and services
- Periodically sending promotional emails about new products, special offers, or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address you provide. (You may opt out at any time).
- Occasionally, we may use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax, or mail. We may use your opinions and thoughts to improve our website experience.
- We will NEVER sell your information.
Controlling Your Personal Information
- You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information gathered by Hudson Hides.
- If you wish to opt out of any of our data collection policies that are used for marketing purposes, you may email sales@HudsonHides.com.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will apply if you would like a copy.
- If you believe any information we are holding is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at the above email address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
By using Hudson Hides's website you agree to all of the policies listed on this page.